Due to expansion we are currently recruiting a H&S Consultant at our established Penkridge office. Please see our job description below:
Health & Safety Consultant-Midlands Based
Position Overview and Responsibilities:
The following work will be completed by the successful candidate will include, but will not be limited to:
- Undertaking full Health and Safety legal compliance audits and inspections, including developing tailored legal registers and prioritised action plans
- Completing site specific risk assessments, including Fire, COSHH, Manual Handling and DSE
- Liaising with clients to assist with full or partial development and implementation of stand-alone or integrated management systems.
- Auditing of client facilities for compliance with legislation and corporate management systems
- On-site support (e.g. acting as the interim Health and Safety Consultant/Manager)
- Design and delivery of training, seminars and facilitation of workshops
- The successful candidate will work within a supportive, friendly and driven team, contributing to the growth of the business.
The position will require travel (including occasional overnight stays) throughout the U.K. depending on project requirements. A valid passport/photo ID is required for air travel.
Salary stating at £36,000k per year, Company Car, Pension
- Ability to manage own work
- Work without supervision
- A thirst for knowledge with the drive to develop further through training
- Accountability of own continuous, professional development
- Can adapt their own personal style to the needs of the client
- Flexible and accommodating
- Able to travel nationwide with overnight stays outside the normal 9-5
- Makes sound judgments using problem solving skills
- Good written and oral communication
- Thinks logically when presented with new challenges
- Personable, with strong commercial awareness, and a genuine enthusiasm for the role.
The successful candidate will ideally be able to demonstrate experience of the following:
- Technical Member of IOSH or above (Tech IOSH)
- Clear knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety legislation and requirements
- CDM/Principal Designer experience advantageous but not essential
- Ability to write concise, technical reports
- Full U.K. driving licence
- Eligible to work in the U.K
Please send your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.