We are currently recruiting for a Safety, Health & Environmental Apprentice to join our team in Penkridge Monday – Friday 09:00am – 17:00pm.
The HSE Apprentice will work with the account management and consultant team of the organisation to advise on the statutory safety, health and environmental requirements as they affect the company’s operations.
They will assist the management team in ensuring that the legal and company HSE requirements are implemented.
- Assist the management team in the development, management, implementation and monitoring of the Safety, Health and Environmental Management System by updating systems in line with changes in legislation or best practice, delivering training, coaching operational teams and undertaking workplace inspections.
- Provide advice on the practical implementation of the company’s SHE policies and processes
- Applying generic industry guidance into the context of the workplace.
- Identify workplace hazards
- Support the practical application of the workplace instructions and suppliers’ or manufacturers’ instructions for the safe use of equipment, materials and products
- Support and assist in the implementation of SHE inspections and monitoring systems demonstrating the balance between enforcement and internal support.
- Undertake and/or assist with the monitoring, analysis of and reporting of SHE performance.
- Prepare and maintain records relating to safety, health and environmental matters that comply with legal and workplace requirements and are accessible to those who are authorised to use them. e.g., records associated with Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations, Lifting Operation and Lifting Equipment Regulations, Noise at Work Regulations, Hand Arm Vibration Regulations or Environmental Permitting Regulations.
- Assist the management team in establishing, managing and maintaining relationships with external stakeholders such as local authorities, Health and Safety Executive, Environment Agency, Occupational Health, Occupational Hygienists and others as required and directed.
- Research safety, health and environmental issues and best practices. Review updates of health and safety regulations
- Recognise where decisions have a financial cost and assisting to develop a budget.
- Communicate effectively: Be able to contribute effectively in both spoken and written styles, adapting to the audience to present information or training in an assertive, engaging way.
- Work effectively in a team. Be able to work with others (colleagues, suppliers, clients and the public) and lead by example in a collaborative and non- confrontational way. Be able to adjust to change in relation to the requirements of the organisation.
- Positively influence behaviour in others to achieve desired outcomes and resolve conflicts.
- Use their professional judgement. Be able to work within own level of competence, know when to seek advice from others.
- Continue their professional development. Identify own development needs and take action to meet those needs. Use own knowledge and expertise to help others when requested.
The HSE Apprentice will be required to have achieved or be working towards a good standard of GCSE’s including English and Maths as well as having knowledge and experience in commonly used office computer applications.
- 25 Days annual leave
- Auto enrol pension
- Supportive environment and onward learning
- £13,500 per annum